There is always room for enhancing communication & collaboration skills in an organization. That’s why users move to Microsoft Teams. However, there are times when you might have to move Teams channel to another tenant.
Now, why is that?
That’s mostly when a company merges with another company or acquires it, there might be various channels in the Teams that might be needed to move.
Since these channels store a lot of data such as channel chats, attachments, files, etc. while merging with or acquiring companies.
Moving this content is not just about transferring the chats, but also the video calls and audios, file-sharing, etc.
Also, there are real-time collaborations on applications and so much more.
There are no direct manual methods to migrate channels between Teams other than thief-party tools or professional solutions.
Quick & Secure Way to Migrate Channels Between Teams
- Step 1. Launch the Microsoft Teams Migration Tool & set Source & Destination.
- Step 2. Select the Categories as Teams & Groups.
- Step 3. Provide the details for Office 365 in Source & Destination.
- Step 4. Add the User IDs for mapping in Teams & Groups.
- Step 5. Validate the accounts & hit Start Migration.
There are various features that Microsoft Teams offer and are crucial in the Microsoft productivity suite.
And so, a lot of organizations move to the Teams using the software.
Let’s find out about the software in the upcoming section.
Move Teams Channel to Another Tenant Using the Software
- With the help of the software, users can easily migrate all the data from Teams, Channels, Attachments, Channel Chats, Files, Groups, etc.
- Also, it transfers data from different types of Teams such as Public, Private, & Organizations while keeping the folder structure & the time-stamps the same.
- It is also possible to migrate the files or attachments, the chat emojis, GIFs, announcements, etc.
- There is an option to migrate specific data from a certain period of time by choosing the dates from the Date-filter.
Follow the Steps to Migrate Channels Between Teams Via the Software
- Launch the software & go to the Setup Choose the Source & Destination as Office 365.
- In the Workload Select fields, mark the Teams checkbox and choose the Teams & Channels Creation checkboxes.
- Fill in the login details for Office 365 admin accounts in the Source and Destination windows. Validate the permissions and click on Next.
- Choose to automatically insert User IDs by clicking on the Fetch Users options or insert a CSV file with the IDs via Import Users.
- After that, make sure to create destinations in the Teams destination to move Teams channel to another tenant and validate them.
- Hit the Start Migration button to move further.
- In the Groups tab, select the Fetch Groups or Import Groups
- Make user accounts in the destination & validate the accounts. Click Start Migration.
When the procedure completes, you can choose the Delta Migration option if you want to migrate any newly received data after the first process. Apart from that, there are options to run the migration again via Retry Failed Items or Re-Run Full Migration.
What Challenges Are Faced While Migrating Entire Content?
The first thing that the user needs to understand is that there is no direct way provided by Microsoft to perform such a transfer. Moreover, a massive number of organizations encounter challenges executing this operation manually.
The major challenges faced by users are:
- Multiple Storage Locations: Various users face errors due to the different locations of file storage. Teams stored their data on various destinations like mailboxes, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc. in different formats.
- API Limitations: Sometimes, there are troubles faced due to API limitations leading to several issues when you migrate channels between Teams
- Folder Structure: A lot of organizations fear that the folder structure could be modified during the migration procedure. This is the biggest challenge that users face while trying to move the dynamic group to the destination. It is usually changed to the static group.
- Data-Loss Situations: It is a little difficult to migrate the Teams settings to the target. When you migrate these settings, you might lose them at the target. Also, the thirst-party integrated tools or applications cannot be migrated.
To the Last Lines
When organizations decide to move Teams channel to another tenant, there are several challenges that they face. The issues are mentioned above for a clear vision of what users have to go through while trying to perform the migration manually.
As Microsoft doesn’t offer any direct method of migrating the content, users prefer finding solutions on the internet and end up losing the data at times. This is why experts suggest using the tool for migration. It provides a simple and quick migration with no failures.
Moreover, if you want to migrate cloud data to another cloud platform, then use the Industry-Leading Cloud to Cloud Migration Tool.