Most of the lotus notes users find it a challenging task to manage huge no. of NSF databases. In this post, we are going to explain how to merge two NSF file or multiple no. of NSF files into a single file so that it becomes simple to carry these files.
Lotus Notes is an email application by IBM that contains mailbox components such as Emails, contacts, calendars, journals, events, notes, etc. Somewhat, this is similar to the MS Outlook email application. It is the database that is supported by both IBM Domino Server and IBM Lotus Notes. NSF files store all the data and info that is associated with the Lotus notes account. So, let’s discuss how we can merge NSF files but before that, we are going to discuss why there is a need to merge the NSF database.
Require to Combine NSF Database Files
There are a few scenarios under which users require to merge multiple NSF files together to form an individual one.
- When there is a requirement to combine two NSF files into an individual NSF file and keep it as an archive file so that it can be used in the future.
- When there are several NSF files of different notes accounts. These files need to be managed properly. So, users can merge all these files to manage all data contained in them. It will simplify the procedure of accessing the data.
- When users has some data in one file and a few other data in another file. It is necessary to arrange all data so that it can be accessed with ease.
How to Merge Two NSF Files with Manual Method
Users can combine Lotus notes files manually with a certain no. of steps. But, a free solution is always lengthy and a bit risky. But the best part is that it is free of cost. So, this is worth following the manual approach. For using manual methods users have to generate an archive file first and then archive other notes database into this newly generated archive file one by one.
Before using, this manual procedure, make sure you have a backup of your NSF database files. So that if anything goes wrong, users will be able to recover their database from the backup.
Follow these steps in order to merge two NSF files manually.
- First, generate an archive file replica to transfer database contents into that. In the taskbar, hit on the file menu replication new replica.
- Now click on the browse button to define a specific file path then hit on OK
- Choose the notes NSF file from which users wish to move the data
- Browse through the path File Menu Application Properties. Now hit on archive settings
- In the archive setting dialog box, hit on the criteria tab and then on generate
- Name the archive criteria in the to generate archive criteria dialog box and further hit on the button selection criteria
- Under the archive selection criteria dialog box, customize the options accordingly and click on ok
- Hit on the checkbox to Enable this criterion. In the section on what should happen to the chosen documents?
- Hit on the browse button to choose the archive database which users have selected for transferring the data into. Further hit ok
Merge NSF Files Using NSF Merge Tool
If the free solution does not workable for you then try the SoftwarePro NSF merge tool. It is capable enough to merge several NSF files into one. With this utility, users can select any no. of NSF files and merge them into a single NSF file without taking time. It provides a trial version to check the working efficiency of the utility. This tool is featured to merge NSF files of Domino server offline mode.
If users have a large number of NSF database files and feel difficulty in managing these files, users can combine NSF files using manual methods as well as using the Lotus notes NSF merger software. You can go through any of the above methods as per your need.