In this write, you will get the best methods to import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook using manual and professional solutions. here we will explain each and every bit of information about the process.
As we all know, MBOX is a widespread file format that is supported by twenty different email clients. These email applications include Eudora, Apple Mail, Power Mail, Thunderbird, and a few more. Because of its widespread usage, easy accessibility, and high level of demand, it is essential to maintain a duplicate of the PST file, despite the fact that it is versatile and can be implemented on a number of operating systems.
Reasons to import MBOX to MS Outlook
Let’s take a look at some of the reasons why someone would want to import MBOX file to Outlook:
- The user may have an interest to import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook due to the increased features, simplified operation, and clearly defined workflow procedures.
- Multiple types of information may be saved in Outlook including emails, contacts, tasks, calendars, notes, and other objects. In contrast to a PST file, an MBOX file is used only for the storage of email messages.
- Outlook PST is a more complicated format that enables the methodical storing of mailbox data, while MBOX retains emails in the order that they were received.
- Microsoft Outlook is compatible with Exchange accounts and enables users to work with Outlook even when they are not connected to the internet.
- Since Microsoft Outlook is more secure than any other platform, the PST file format is more secure than the MBOX file format.
- In addition, users have additional options for controlling Outlook.
Consumers have to use Outlook PST for a variety of reasons, some of which are listed below.
Pro-tip to import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook
It is said that the manual technique is a time-consuming operation with numerous steps that can only be performed by a user who has dealt with both the MBOX email service and Microsoft Outlook. This is the only person who meets the requirements for the manual approach. In addition, all of the initial manual procedures need the use of a minimum of two email clients that are pre-installed on the applications, and they lack filters that allow for the selective conversion of data from one format to another.
As a consequence of this, making use of an expert MBOX Converter is a prudent solution for the majority of individuals. With the help of BitRecover MBOX to PST Converter, you will have the ability to import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook in a short amount of time. In addition to that, it gives the user the ability to filter the data according to a number of different factors, such as the To, From, Subject, Date, and Attachment fields. The MBOX to PST converter also has the capability to convert up to 25 items per folder into Outlook.
Manual Methods to Convert MBOX File to PST Format
To import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook, follow all these steps mentioned below:
- Convert MBOX files as EML
- Drag and drop eml into Outlook
Step 1: Convert MBOX files as EML
- Launch the email client known as MBOX. After that, use your right mouse button to choose the New Folder option.
- After giving the folder its name, hit the Create Folder button to import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook.
- Choose all of the EML files that you wish to move. And then transfer them to the new folder that was just established.
- Now the emails are shown in the folder in their entirety.
- Click all of the email attachments, and then select the option to Save as. The EML files will all be saved in the directory that you choose.
Step 2: Drag and drop eml into Outlook
You need to open the folder that contains your EML files and then select all of the emails. After that, all you need to do is drag & drop them into any folder in Outlook.
Why Manual Methods are Not Good for MBOX to PST Conversion?
One thing that you should always keep in mind is that, despite the fact that the manual techniques to import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook are completely free of charge. The manual approach does have a few restrictions that come along with it. You need to have a complete understanding of all the negative aspects for future reference. The following is a list of some of the important ones:
- The manual procedures take a significant amount of time.
- It is possible for data to be changed when carrying out this procedure.
- Calls for specific granular knowledge as well as technological competence.
- It is not possible to import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook in bulk with this tool.
To keep from being put in a position like this, one has the option of using a third-party solution that is user-friendly, and effective. And does not need a significant amount of time to import MBOX files to Outlook.
Time to Say Goodbye
This article addresses the question, “How do I manually import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook?” and provides a solution. Both a manual method and an automated technique have been brought up for discussion here. You are free to choose the approach that best suits your requirements. On the other hand, since the DIY method has a number of significant flaws. It is strongly recommended that you utilize a professional Thunderbird to Outlook converter instead.