The cosmetic dentistry technique is known as composite bonding. Involves applying a tooth-coloured composite material to a tooth, and sculpting it into the desired form. Allowing it to solidify, and then polishing it. Because the material adheres to the tooth, this process refers to as “bonding”.
Composite bonding Surrey is well suited for relatively minor aesthetic dental procedures. Such as the repair of a chipped or damaged tooth or the filling in of minor spaces between teeth. Because it is more aesthetically pleasing than silver fillings. Composite bonding may also use as a tooth-coloured filling for minor cavities. This is because Composite bonding is employed.
What Does Composite Bonding Involve?
The surface of your teeth will first treat with a mild solution of phosphoric acid. Which will use by your dentist in Banstead to etch and roughen the surface in preparation for the application of the bonding substance. This procedure is completely painless.
After that, the putty-like bonding substance is applied to the surface of the tooth. And it is moulded and sculpted into the desired form. The substance allows to harden and solidify with the assistance of specific light. At long last, the composite is given a smooth appearance by being polished and shined.
The Benefits and Drawbacks of Composite Bonding
Composite bonding Surrey is less costly than veneers, but it also has limitations. Veneers have a more natural appearance. The following are some of the many benefits of dental bonding:
Bonding your teeth together might cost anywhere from £250 to £400 depending on the level of training, and experience. And competence of the composite dentist doing the procedure. The price difference is mostly attributable to superior knowledge. Rather than the materials or technologies that are used in the production process.
Composite bonding normally only takes a single visit to the dentist’s office. The full procedure usually takes between 30 and 60 minutes to complete for each tooth.
In most cases, anaesthesia is not required. However, it may essential if the bonding procedure is performing to repair a decaying tooth. The quantity of enamel that has to remove for Composite bonding is far less than that require for veneers and crowns.
The Following Are Some Of The Drawbacks Associate With Composite Bonding:
Bonding Substances Can Become Discoloured
Composite bonding Surrey, in contrast to porcelain veneers and crowns, often develops a yellowish hue over time. The substance used in dental bonding may get discoloured if you drink coffee, tea, red wine, or smoke cigarettes. Which will cause it to stand out from the rest of your teeth.
After the first bonding procedure, you will need to abstain from these drugs for at least 24 to 48 hours to reduce the likelihood of discolouration. You should choose a different cosmetic dentistry procedure if you are a smoker since smoking might negatively affect the results. As a result of the porous nature of the bonding substance, it will become yellow when exposed to cigarette smoke.
In addition, the substance that use in the process of dental bonding is not as hardy. Or long-lasting as the porcelain that is utilised in the production of veneers and crowns. It is prone to chipping. However, if it is care for properly, dental bonding may last anywhere from three to seven years.
When the Application of Composite Bonding Is the Best Option
- Composite bonding can assist you if you have a very modest aesthetic dentistry problem. Such as a chipped or discoloured tooth, a gap between your teeth, or silver fillings that are visible when you smile.
- Bonding can also use in cosmetic dentistry to reshape or recontour the appearance of a patient’s teeth.
- Composite bonding, on the other hand, cannot utilise to bleach your complete smile. As veneers or bleaching can, thus it is not an option for whitening teeth.
- Composite bonding can also be appropriate as “white fillings” for small cavities in teeth. They are not exposed to excessive force when chewing. However, the material use in dental bonding may or may not durable for larger cavities. This is because large cavities expose more of the tooth to force when chewing.
Maintenance of Composite Bonding
Because dental bonding is more prone to staining and chipping than other types of cosmetic dentistry. You will need to take extra precautions to ensure that your bonded teeth continue to give the impression that they are your natural teeth. To ensure that your dental bonding remains in excellent condition, consider the following advice:
- Reduce your intake of beverages including coffee, tea, and red wine.
- If you are a smoker, there is just more reason why you should consider kicking the habit; smoking not only raises your risk of periodontal disease but also of oral cancer.
- If you have dental bonding, you should avoid biting your nails or chewing on hard items. Like ice, pencils, or raw carrots since it is easy for the bonding to chip.
- If you experience any discomfort in your teeth when you bite down or see any sharp edges. You should make an appointment with your dentist.
- Composite bonding Surrey can correct or touch up if it becomes essential to do so.
The application of composite bonding Surrey may be a cost-effective treatment option for minor aesthetic dentistry concerns. Such as discoloured, damaged, or chipped teeth.
Because Composite bonding does need some creative talent to get the best possible outcomes in terms of aesthetic appearance. It is essential to choose a dentist who has expertise in doing the operation. Do not be afraid to inquire about before and after photographs of Composite bonding procedures performed by your dentist in Banstead on prior patients.
Even while Composite bonding isn’t always the best option. It may be a fast and reasonably affordable approach to enhance your smile in some circumstances. And having a positive attitude about the way your teeth look might really help you keep your oral health in excellent shape.