When working offline, the Microsoft Outlook OST file format retains a copy of the data on the mail server. Convert my offline Outlook data file to PST format if you need to retrieve data from it. The remedy in this scenario is to employ specialized software.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
The PST format is the most widely used. It stores all locally saved data, including messages from POP3-enabled accounts. Online accounts that use the IMAP protocol, as well as Microsoft 365, Exchange, and Outlook.com accounts, use the OST format as a cache.
The OST file contains not just a copy of the server’s messages, but also a copy of your data that hasn’t yet been transmitted, such as while you’re working offline. If you lose access to your account or the OST file becomes corrupted, you can recover your data and convert it to a PST file using a tool like MVPs verified OST to PST Converter.
Conversion to MSG and EML formats for import into other mailboxes is also available, as well as restoring OST and PST files and retrieving deleted items. The software cost, although there is a free demo version available on the site is limited to 25 items per file.
What is Offline Outlook Data File and PST and How does it work?
To get started, go to the Web editor website and download the OST to PST Converter software. If you don’t close Outlook properly after that, the application won’t be able to access the contents of the OST file.
- Open OST to PST Converter after that.
- To specify the location of your OST file, click the folder icon. Click the Find.pst &.ost files button if you don’t know where it is. To narrow the results, type *.ost in the Search for files with extension box. Then click Find Now on a folder or drive that might contain your file. Click OK after selecting the correct file from the results.
- Next should be selected.
- Select one of three operational modes. OST to PST.online is a Software that helps to convert offline Outlook data files into PST files.
There are three modes available in the software. You can use recovery mode to recover data from a corrupted file. It supports both the OST and PST file formats. You can utilize the search for deleted data feature to locate recently deleted messages, contacts, or anything else. Note that when a file includes more than 20% free space, Outlook compresses it automatically, making data retrieval impossible. To convert an OST file to a PST file.
You must use the Convert mode option.
- Next should be selected.
- Select the data that needs to be backed up. OSTtoPST.online is a software that converts OST files into PST files.
- The software shows all of the information in the OST file. You can limit what you keep by unchecking items if you don’t want to transfer the entire contents of the OST file. Next should be selected.
- Select a folder as the final destination. OSTtoPST.online is a website that converts OST files into PST files.
- Choose where you want to save your PST file. To do so, go to the right-hand folder icon, choose the folder you want to use, and then click OK. Next should be selected.
- Select a file format OSTtoPST.online is a website that converts OST files into PST files.
- After that, click Save as PST file. The Save data separately option saves the data in separate files that can be imported into other programs like Mozilla Thunderbird. You can then save emails, contacts, and notes in MSG, EML, VCF, or TXT format, depending on your preferences.
- The editor provides an online converter for tiny OST files. Allow ten bucks per gigabyte, payable when the PST file is downloaded.