Yes, temazepam tablets is available as a generic drug. Generic drugs are generally less expensive than brand name Medicine. Temazepam is used to treat insomnia. It belongs to a class of drugs called benzodiazepines, which act on the brain and nervous system to produce a calming effect. Temazepam tablets may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Generic Name: Temazepam
Brand Names: Restoril
What is Temazepam?
Temazepam is a benzodiazepine. It tablets affect chemicals in the brain that may be unbalance in people with sleep problems (insomnia). Temazepam in the UK sleeping tablets can be used to treat insomnia symptoms such as difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep. This medicine should not be use for longer than 4 weeks.
Top 10 Benefits of Temazepam Tablets
- Temazepam can help improve sleep quality and reduce the time it takes to fall asleep.
- It can help reduce anxiety and improve relaxation.
- Temazepam can help reduce muscle tension and improve muscle relaxation.
- This can help reduce pain perception and improve pain tolerance.
- Temazepam can help improve cognitive function and memory performance.
- It’s can help improve reaction time and coordination.
- This Medicine can help reduce the risk of accidents and injuries.
- Temazepam can help improve job performance and productivity.
- Temazepam tablets can help improve quality of life and well-being.
- It is safe and effective when used as directed. Consult a healthcare professional if you have any questions about temazepam or your sleep health.
Temazepam dosage can vary depending on a person’s individual needs. The usual starting dose is 7.5 mg to 15 mg taken orally at bedtime. Some people may need a higher dose, up to 30 mg, to achieve the desired effect.
For elderly adults or those with liver problems, the starting dose is usually 5 mg take orally at bedtime. Maximum recommended daily intake is 20 mg
Temazepam should be use only for short-term treatment, up to 2 weeks. If you need help quitting after 2 weeks, your doctor may prescribe another 2 weeks of treatment.
Is Temazepam safe to take in pregnancy
There are no well-controlled studies of temazepam use in pregnant women, so the risks are not known. However, other benzodiazepines such as diazepam (Valium) have been associated with an increased risk of birth defects. If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, talk to your healthcare provider about whether temazepam is right for you.
If you take temazepam during pregnancy, watch for signs of drowsiness in your newborn. Also, be sure to let your healthcare provider know if your baby has any problems after birth. Temazepam may pass into breast milk and could cause drowsiness in a nursing baby. If you are breastfeeding, talk to your healthcare provider about whether Temazepam is right for you.